Biotechnological Assets Applied to Drought and Pests in Relevant Crops for Agribusiness
AL 01- Genomics and Proteomics (UnB, Embrapa Cenargen)
Supervisor: Robert N. G. Miller
Laboratory activities with INCT Collaborators
The Laboratory Genomics and Proteomics (SP1) carries out studies aimed at prospecting and identifying new genes, regulatory sequences and molecules involved with the resistance / tolerance responses of plants to biotic and abiotic stresses, aiming at the elucidation of the molecular mechanisms of plants that occur in response to different stresses, combined or not. SP1 also performs the validation of function of these assets in model plants.
• Prospecting for genes / molecules of interest for pest and drought control in wild germplasm of Musa spp.
• Prospecting of target genes / molecules in phytoparasitic nematodes (Meloidogyne sp.) And phytopathogenic fungi (Pseudocercospora spp.) Of interest for pest control
• Prospecting for small RNAs (small RNAs) in plant genotypes that are resistant / tolerant to pests and drought that may be involved in responding to these stresses
• Prospecting for genes / molecules that are efficient in pest control and tolerance to water deficit simultaneously (cross-stress).
• Validation of prospective innovation assets by their overexpression or gene silencing in model plants for analysis and validation of their function
The SP1 laboratory has all the standard equipment needed for molecular analysis, with a Biosafety Quality Certificate (CQB) for the development of activities with genetically modified organisms (GMO). The Department of Cell Biology at UnB has ten laboratories covering different areas of research. The multi-user equipment infrastructure available includes automatic DNA sequencers, protein sequencers, scanning and transmission electron microscopes, confocal microscope, flow cytometer, mass spectrometers, analytical and preparative ultracentrifuges, HPLC, fermenters, refrigerated centrifuges, real-time PCR , phosphoimager, microcalorimeter, fluorescence spectrophotometers and circular dichroism, plasmon resonance spectrometer, -80oC ultrafreezers and other basic equipment used in the routine of research laboratories in molecular and cellular biology. The Department of Phytopathology at UnB is equipped with microscopes, magnifying glasses, freezers, refrigerators, equipment for molecular biology studies, a biological station with a place for field work, greenhouses, Fitotron growth chambers, and transport vehicles.
Gabriel Sergio Costa Alves - Lattes
Fernando Campos de Assis Fonseca - Lattes
Jose Dijair Antonino de Souza Junior - Lattes
• Leticia Dias de Freitas - Lattes
• Tatiana David Miranda Pinheiro - Lattes
• Erica Cristina Silva Rego - Lattes
Amanda Cristina de Araújo - Lattes
Robert Neil Gerard Miller
Laboratório de Microbiologia: Interação Planta-Praga, Bloco I-1-35/8,
Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, Departamento de Biologia Celular,
Universidade de Brasília, Campus Universitário Darcy Ribeiro, Asa Norte, 70910-900, Brasília, D.F., Brasil.
Conheça nosso grupo de pesquisa junto ao CNPq