Biotechnological Assets Applied to Drought and Pests in Relevant Crops for Agribusiness
AL 05 - Plant-Pests Interaction - (Embrapa Cenargen, Embrapa Soybean, Embrapa Cerrados, Embrapa Rice and Beans, Embrapa Maize and Sorghum)
Supervisor: Patrícia Messenberg Guimarães
Laboratory activities with INCT Collaborators
The Laboratory (Al5) - Plant-Pest Interaction conducts studies on the interaction of plants with biotic and abiotic stresses, aiming at elucidating the changes in the cellular, biochemical, physiological and molecular machinery of plants, which occur in response to different stresses, combined or not . In addition to prospecting and identifying genes, regulatory sequences and molecules involved in plant tolerance / resistance responses to one or more stresses, AL5 performs the validation of function of these assets in model plants and methods are developed and improved for the validation of these assets in target plants, which will enable the development of cultivars more adapted to different environmental conditions.
• Prospecting for genes / molecules, peptides of interest for the control of drought and pests in wild peanut germplasm (Arachis spp.);
• Prospecting of target genes / molecules in phytoparasitic nematodes (Meloidogyne sp.) Of interest for pest control;
• Prospecting for small RNAs (small RNAs) in plant genotypes that are resistant / tolerant to pests and drought that may be involved in responding to these stresses;
• Prospecting for genes / molecules, peptides that are efficient in controlling pests and tolerating water deficit simultaneously (cross-stress);
• Pallidation of prospective assets due to their overexpression or gene silencing in model plants for analysis and validation of their function.
The LA5 laboratory has all the standard equipment needed for molecular, cellular, genetic and biochemical analyzes, as well as quantitative PCR systems and the availability of the microscope platform (electronic, confocal and laser dissection), mass spectrometers and servers with capacity mass data analysis.
Greenhouses and growth chambers with Biosafety Quality Certificate (CQB) for the development of activities with genetically modified plants (PGMs).
• Iracyara da Conceição Sampaio - Lattes
Patricia Messenberg Guimarães
EMBRAPA - Recursos Genéticos e Biotecnologia
Parque Estação Biológica - PqEB
Av. W5 Norte (final) - CP02372
70770-917 - Brasília, DF - Brasil
Phone:+55 61 3448-4787
Fax: +55 61 3340-3624